 Technic / 11728
Re: Simulating pneumatic sequencers, was Re: Pneumatic Quadraped 242
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 28 Nov 2003 19:36:10 GMT

  I downloaded the tools, and entered the base schematic for Quad242.  Quad242
depends on some initial conditions where 4 of the 5 flops have a value of 1.
I've read the docs and not found a way to preset the flops.

  Any ideas?

  Your choice to model the pistons as SR flops is perfect.  With SR's you can
set or reset but not set and reset.  Pistons are exactly like that.  Pressure at
both ports on the piston provides unpredictable results.

Hi Kevin,

Here is a simple circuit that also require some initialisation:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Philo/Misc/simul3.gif

I didn't find the digital equivalent of the .IC (initial condition) used in
analog simulations, but if you use the probe tool (arrow on the screen capture)
and click on a node, you toggle its state.

There may be better ways, but this one works (I'm not that fluent in the use of
CircuitMaker...)

Philo