 Technic / 11692
Re: Simulating pneumatic sequencers, was Re: Pneumatic Quadraped 242
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 2003 17:46:37 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Philippe Hurbain wrote:

I also spent a lot of time this week writing up a page about pneumatic
sequencers (http://www.kclague.net/Sequencer).  It is not done, because I don't
have all the movies finished, but I thought I'd put it up for those who might be
interested.

Hi Kevin and all,

I wanted to experiment with your sequencers without fussing too much with time
consuming building, so I used simulation...

I used a free electronics simulator, CircuitMaker Student
(http://www.microcode.com/downloads/student.htm). Piston + switch are equivalent
to an RS flip-flop, and you can add tubing (wires...), AND gates and SCOPE
displays. A good tutorial and help file are provided with the program.

Here are two screen captures of two simulated sequencers from your paper:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Philo/Misc/2pistons.gif
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Philo/Misc/3pistons4switches.gif

Caveats:
- this does not simulate mechanical loading or speed variations between pistons
(perhaps adding delay line can simulate that - not tested)
- it's much more fun to build real sequencers ;o)

Philo,

  Have you seen this?

http://www.kclague.net/pedmatic/schematic.jpg

Looks amazingly like your SR flop schematics.

Kevin

Cheers,

Philo
www.philohome.com