 Technic / 11651
Re: Pneumatic Quadraped 242
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.build, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 14:46:04 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Philippe Hurbain wrote:
Thanks, Kevin, quadraped explanations are very interesting, and you sequencer
paper is a "must read" !!!

Thanks Philo!  So far the feedback on the sequencer paper has been positive.

Now that I've learned enough to write that paper, I'm prepared to make some
really complicated pneumatic circuits.  The cornerstone of the sequencer design
methodology is Mark Tarrabain's simple AND gate made of two pneumatic switches
in series.  It makes boolean logic so simple.

Using my pneumatic mux, it is simple to make an XOR comparable to Mark's AND
gate (three switches instead of two).  This can be used to allow a piston to be
on more than once in a cycle through the sequence.  I've not written that up
yet.....

Philo

Kevin