 Space / 41146
Re: Back after 5 years - trying to catch up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 13 Jul 2007 21:03:06 GMT

In lugnet.space, John Neal wrote:
   Always good to see an “old schooler” reappear on the board! Welcome back, Doug!

Hi, John. A name I remember. Thanks for the welcome. I trust your train collection continues to thrive and grow?

   Hey, sorry about that last hyperlink there, but that leads me to the second change. .SPACE is, for all intents and purposes, dead. MIA. Many have migrated to Classic Space. Traitors, really, but what are ya gonna do?

I suspected as much after looking through the archives, checking the traffic report, and visiting classic-space.com. I suppose I am as much to blame as anyone, since I left very early on. For that matter, I already created an account at classic-space.

From what I’ve read in .announce and .general, it appears lugnet in general has gone through some turmoil. I was shocked to see, in the traffic report, that all of lugnet had 300 posts in the last week. I was under the impression it used to do 10 times that, if not more. Lego seems as strong as ever, so where did everyone go? I guess I need to have that discussion in another newsgroup. I’m really curious to know what has befallen the mighty lugnet. And, of course, to know where .space fits into it all.

And for the record, I still have 3 or 5 trains (for space configurations, of course), but no place to put them.

-Doug