 Space / 41141
Re: Back after 5 years - trying to catch up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 13 Jul 2007 12:57:51 GMT

In lugnet.space, Doug Dropeskey wrote:
   After a 5 year vacation from lego I am trying to catch up. I’ve already skimmed the LDraw site, BayLug, Brickshelf, BrickLink, Shipyard, and Moonbase. I looked at the .space roll call, but it has not been updated since 2003. The .space timeline was last updated in 2004. I also see Lego is bringing back classic space in some form or another. So then, what is going in in .space? Are Moonbase and Shipyard still going? (Some recent activity indicates they are alive.) Are there any other .space projects underway or in the works? Can someone hit the high points for me?

Thanks,

-Doug (aka, Damraska)

Always good to see an “old schooler” reappear on the board! Welcome back, Doug!

A couple of things have changed since you left. The first is the implimentation of FTX. It’s fun; You should try try it.

Hey, sorry about that last hyperlink there, but that leads me to the second change. .SPACE is, for all intents and purposes, dead. MIA. Many have migrated to Classic Space. Traitors, really, but what are ya gonna do?

You do what I do-- become a trainhead, or rip Spaceheads in their own vacated NG! <laughs loudly like Vizzini>

Again, welcome back:-)

JOHN