 Space / 21811
Re: "Duvernay" Mk2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 20:42:30 GMT

Cool!  It's a bit of a 'me too' at this stage, but this turned out nicely,
Lenny.  Mind you, I never thought that the orginally was ugly...just looked
like the smaller part of a very large ship.

However, this was an excellent predecessor to the original.  The colour
scheme help break up the line of it, and the design leaves plenty of room
for interior modelling.  The openess of it would allow for mission-specific
variants I'd wager.

Nice stuff.

Cheers,
-G

In lugnet.space, Leonard Hoffman writes:
can't wait:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/glencaer/Duvernay/DuvernayMk2/d00.jpg
patient:

"Duvernay" a Anthropological Research Starship, studying feral humans.  It
is the Karalehn Industries Akins Class, Proxia.

note: this is the 2nd version of this ship.  It has gone from three decks to
one. I realized I was trying to do too much all at once.  I think this is
the first thing i've made with some serious greebling. I think it turned out
well.

* the 8x8 radar dishs on the sides are planetary sensors that hold up during
hyperspace traveling.  They feature one of the seed parts for this month.
* there are two engine systems: a hyperspace one (the two nacelles off the
back) and the thrusters (for sub-light speeds, maneuvering in a starsystem-
the three red ones)
* the black thing on the back is the retractable solar panel than generates
power for the engines.
* eight crew members of six anthropologists and two to run the ship.

criticism, ideas, questions, thoughts, off topic ramblings.. all welcome
_lenoro