 Space / 23392
Re: "Duvernay" Mk2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 2 May 2003 19:29:51 GMT

In lugnet.space, John P. Henderson writes:
In lugnet.space, Leonard Hoffman writes:
can't wait:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/glencaer/Duvernay/DuvernayMk2/d00.jpg
patient:

I guess I would be in the "patient" catagory above.  Somehow I missed this
entire thread until it was mentioned in a more recent one...

this is one of the reasons i spend alot of time hitting the "random folders"
button on brickshelf.  each time you do it, you are almost entirely guarenteed
to find something cool that you've never seen before.

Lenny, I just want to say that I love this ship!  The general industrial
feel with the hoses running through the bridge and the greeblings outside
are nice.  Nice use of hinges to create the curved rooms and overall shape.
I love that you included overhead lights that remain in view even with the
roof removed.  And those computer consols in the lab area look great!

thanks!

the overhead lights were something i both liked a disliked.  i liked them
because i saw them as on of those light you can move about (like a wall mounted
desk lamp), so maybe one anthropologist could read while the other slept or
something like that.  personally i feel any detail that can't be seen while the
model is "open" is really kinda pointless.

for example, in castle set 3739 Blacksmith Shop, all of the fireplaces split in
two when the opened.  the only way you can ever really see the fireplace is to
peer through a window, which is pretty lame in my opinion.  I kinda feel the
same way about lamps imbedded on the ceiling.

on an entirely different point:
http://www.ozbricks.net/glencaer/spaceships.html if you look at this cleverly
designed webpage, you can see the evolution of my spaceships.  And the point is
this, to whomever may be having difficulty building a SHIP, the secret is to
keep doing it, and eventually you'll find a design that works for you.

Anyways, thanks again.
-Lenny