 Space / 21756

Subject:
"Duvernay" Mk2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 2 Mar 2003 04:50:50 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

can't wait:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/glencaer/Duvernay/DuvernayMk2/d00.jpg
patient:

"Duvernay" a Anthropological Research Starship, studying feral humans.  It
is the Karalehn Industries Akins Class, Proxia.

note: this is the 2nd version of this ship.  It has gone from three decks to
one. I realized I was trying to do too much all at once.  I think this is
the first thing i've made with some serious greebling. I think it turned out
well.

* the 8x8 radar dishs on the sides are planetary sensors that hold up during
hyperspace traveling.  They feature one of the seed parts for this month.
* there are two engine systems: a hyperspace one (the two nacelles off the
back) and the thrusters (for sub-light speeds, maneuvering in a starsystem-
the three red ones)
* the black thing on the back is the retractable solar panel than generates
power for the engines.
* eight crew members of six anthropologists and two to run the ship.

criticism, ideas, questions, thoughts, off topic ramblings.. all welcome
_lenoro

Re: "Duvernay" Mk2