 Space / 21797
Re: "Duvernay" Mk2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 16:12:51 GMT

In lugnet.space, Travis Kunce writes:
this is a major improvement.  you've come a long way.  I agree with most of
the earlier posters.

The "navigation" area is too much like a room.  it would be better served to
maybe knock out those walls and replace them with slopes and a couple of
canopys, although I do like how the roof sits on top of the front.  I'm sure
that you could find a nice middle ground.

Lastly that rear room with all the computers, is way to busy for me.  there
must be a way to better organize it or make it flow better.  I know that
this next suggestion is a lot to ask, but I think that the main problem is
that its long vs wide, and that the doorway at the end removed a lot of
possiblities.  could you imagine turning that room 90 and having that door
in the middle of the room, so that the room turns into two halves on either
side of the door.

Tavis,
Thanks for the kind words and the ideas.  Right now I'm seriously thinking
about a Mk3 version, incorporating ideas that people have given me, especially
these.  I had some interesting ideas for the research area, but was quite sure
how to implement them all (including a downward sloping window).

Thanks for directing my attention towards the research room. I'm starting to
get some good idea about how to divide it up to give it more definition..
something like desk and cubicles, rather than two 'lines' of cpus lining the
walls, which is visually boring.

I love the interior section of the rear wings.. the part between the top and
bottom ply with the good details.  That's great stuff.  The detailing
reminds me that its sunday and i should goto the mall and buy more starwars
kits.

A concept totally stolen from the UCS ISD. That thing, if nothing else, is a
crash course in how to build a really cool SHIP.

good work

Thanks again! Some really useful comments!
-Lenny

-tk

"leonard hoffman" <glencaer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
can't wait:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/glencaer/Duvernay/DuvernayMk2/d00.jpg
patient:

"Duvernay" a Anthropological Research Starship, studying feral humans.  It
is the Karalehn Industries Akins Class, Proxia.

note: this is the 2nd version of this ship.  It has gone from three decks • to
one. I realized I was trying to do too much all at once.  I think this is
the first thing i've made with some serious greebling. I think it turned • out
well.

* the 8x8 radar dishs on the sides are planetary sensors that hold up • during
hyperspace traveling.  They feature one of the seed parts for this month.
* there are two engine systems: a hyperspace one (the two nacelles off the
back) and the thrusters (for sub-light speeds, maneuvering in a • starsystem-
the three red ones)
* the black thing on the back is the retractable solar panel than • generates
power for the engines.
* eight crew members of six anthropologists and two to run the ship.

criticism, ideas, questions, thoughts, off topic ramblings.. all welcome
_lenoro