 Space / 21802
Re: "Duvernay" Mk2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 18:49:22 GMT

In lugnet.space, Chris Giddens writes:
Hey,
This is a great job.  Good design, good job keeping the model clean, and
neat interiors.

Welcome to the world of buildin' big ships... you'll love it, then you'll
hate it and build small... then get the desire to build it big again... then
fail, then get frustrated... and then.. er..um.  Just keep buildin, it's all
good.
;-)

HA HA! this describes the feeling accurately!  This is actually my fourth
attempt (an unpublished thing, the "Anju", and Duvernay Mk1 & Mk2) and after
each attempt I ask myself.. why do i do this to myself?  It's so hard and it
takes so long.. and ohh.. the woe!  But after finishing something like this
one.. where I can sit back in my living room and say to myself "that looks
like a spaceship" I know why I keep trying.

SHIPs really drive home exactly what Lego can do.  It's the space version of
a Castle Village or a Town layout (or the moonbase.. whatever).. something a
nonAFOL would look at and say 'whoa.'

P.S.  nice toes.  http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=335860

You wouldn't say that if you got a close up peek.  Of the things my dad
passed to me genetically, beautiful toes wasn't one of them.

Thanks for all the kind remarks!
-Lenny