 Space / 19024
Re: The Portable Lego Game (was Re: Portable Bot Factory)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.gaming
Date:
Sat, 23 Nov 2002 00:41:35 GMT

In lugnet.space, Steve Burge writes:
One of the thing that really annoys me about most CCGs is
that you can only have two players

     Steve, that's not true.  Most rules are indeed set up in the
"two-player" frame of mind, as was M:TG, but this is where creativity comes
in.  We used to play Magic with tables full of people, sometimes in a
pattern (you could only attack those to either side), sometimes free-f'rall.
Some of our best times were like that.  We also had 1 on 1 tourneys
together, with the "all-of-us" game being the tourney itself.
     You're only limited, as with playing with Lego bricks, to your
imagination.  A game using Lego pieces could be just as creative, and should
be just as infinitely different for each of us, as is a really good CCG,
which I think makes a great model for a game of this sort.

Peace and Long Life,
Tony Alexander