 Space / 19026
Re: The Portable Lego Game (was Re: Portable Bot Factory)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.gaming
Date:
Sat, 23 Nov 2002 05:30:03 GMT

In lugnet.space, James Casey writes:
A "traditional" wargame would probably require terrain for the battles to be
interesting, which would negate the portability of the game. I think
therefore an abstract battle (much like Magic) would be a better idea.

If you like the idea of a "traditional wargame", you may
wish to try out my new lego RPG. However, it's only
castle related to a sense, however, could still work
for space if one were to augment it further.

http://www.lugnet.com/~1112/DraKen

Possible powers:
Wheels/legs/other motive devices: Manuevering/agility - change the range of
combat, avoid attacks
Weapons: blow stuff up ;) Chainsaws, hammers and so on would only work at
close range, guns at medium, Big Guns and missiles at long
Shields/armour: prevent or redirect damage
Repair systems
Wings/jump packs: allow flight to avoid combat/drop bombs or whatever

Colours could be used to determine the type of attack - e.g a white gun
would be an ice weapon, and would be blocked by a fire shield (red). Some
simple, easy to remember hierarchies should be used - fire melts ice, ice
freezes water, water puts out fire, that sort of thing. Like
scissors-paper-stone.

Yeah, added the environmental concepts as well...the rpg
layout page mostly spells out phenonema of that respective
type.

The game would be best if it were simple enough not to require a rulebook
once you had learned the rules. The kit could probably contain a die, but
some other method of random determination might be preferable.**

Unfortunately, this might not be possibly, unless you were
cognizant to memorize the rules easily (they aren't that
long, mostly explanation.) Other than that, you would need
occasional reference to character values (I use character
cards as a template to keep track of health, etc.)

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Fellow lego enthusiast