 Space / 18961
Re: Portable Bot Factory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 06:18:53 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jon Palmer writes:
http://www.zemi.net/imageblog/factory00.jpg
http://www.zemi.net/imageblog/factory01.jpg
http://www.zemi.net/imageblog/factory02.jpg

This thing is tiny.  It's a bit bigger than my digital camera.  I filled it
with as many small bot-making parts that I could think of.  I like to think
of it as an emergency building kit.  Something you could put in your
backpack or throw in the glovebox for a road trip.
http://www.zemi.net/imageblog/bot10.jpg
http://www.zemi.net/imageblog/bot11.jpg
http://www.zemi.net/imageblog/bot12.jpg

I chose to make 3 small bots (I figure I can make many more with the parts
left over) but you could also use the case to make larger bots with more
parts.  Also with just a little modification I bet you could set this up to
make microfig ships.  Or how bout a slightly larger case for micro-moonbase
construction?

Tell me what you think. :-)

-Jon

  Interesting..most very interesting.  The idea of a portable Lego part
source specifically for making stuff like that is very appealing.  I think a
slightly larger box might work better, though, as it could carry more parts
in more colors..