 Robotics / Vision Command / * (-20)
Re: Vision Command Books
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.vc
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2017 02:55:31 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.vc, Jon Hauris wrote:
Hi, Does anybody know of any books on Vision Command at all.  Especially any
books at the level of David Baum's or Bagnall's on Mindstorms.  I am really
interested in detailed image processing with VC.

Thanks, Jon

I am working on a program that posterizes an image. Can you do this with
theThreshold, MorphOpen, MorphClose, MorphProperOpen, MorphProperClose,
MorphThin and Invert commands in RoboLab?

Subject:
Looking for VisionCenter Examples
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.vc
Date:
Sun, 25 Nov 2007 03:03:31 GMT

I will be developing a program that distills a real time image into a aesthetic
number using frequency & spatial filtering, quantitative, morphology and pattern
matching through the VisionCenter. My reference work will be to use known
masterpieces to see if there is something in common.
I really need to see VisionCenter examples. May you suggest a site?
Thanks in advance for your kind attention to my problem. Tom Lohre
http://tomlohre.com/lego.htm

Re: OS-X driver for the Vision Command cam ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.vc
Date:
Thu, 17 May 2007 20:49:55 GMT

Yes!  The Freeware open-source Macam works quite well.  Details are at:
http://webcam-osx.sourceforge.net/

Hmm... mine only runs at 5 fps... okay for macam's time lapse feature but no
good for anything else. Does anyone else's run faster?

Subject:
replacing the VC camera
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.vc
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 2004 20:58:57 GMT

Summoning the great minds of Lugnet, I put forth a question:
How hard is it to cause Lego's Vision Command software to view/use a different
USB camera?
I have multiple USB cameras, as well as a firewire camera that I would rather
use. (Especially since one of them is wireless)

Thanks for your time,
Timothy

Re: OS-X driver for the Vision Command cam ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.vc
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 23:41:38 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.vc, Ray Sanders wrote:
In lugnet.robotics.vc, Thomas Johnson wrote:
In lugnet.robotics.vc, Ray Sanders wrote:

Has anyone hacked a Macintosh OS-X driver to support the VC LEGO-cam ?

Yes!  The Freeware open-source Macam works quite well.  Details are at:
http://webcam-osx.sourceforge.net/
and a patched version for OS X 10.3 can be found at:
http://www.multi-cam.net/camera_downloads.html

Tom

VERY COOL...  it works right out of the box on OS-X 10.2.6...  now, what to do
with a working LEGO VC cam ...  hmmmmm

Ray

Even more cool, I just realized that the Macam.component for QuickTime allows
the VC cam to be recognized by Yahoo chat...  wheeeeeeeee :)

Re: OS-X driver for the Vision Command cam ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.vc
Date:
Mon, 6 Sep 2004 02:10:38 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.vc, Thomas Johnson wrote:
In lugnet.robotics.vc, Ray Sanders wrote:

Has anyone hacked a Macintosh OS-X driver to support the VC LEGO-cam ?

Yes!  The Freeware open-source Macam works quite well.  Details are at:
http://webcam-osx.sourceforge.net/
and a patched version for OS X 10.3 can be found at:
http://www.multi-cam.net/camera_downloads.html

Tom

VERY COOL...  it works right out of the box on OS-X 10.2.6...  now, what to do
with a working LEGO VC cam ...  hmmmmm

Ray

Re: OS-X driver for the Vision Command cam ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.vc
Date:
Sun, 5 Sep 2004 20:09:41 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.vc, Ray Sanders wrote:

Has anyone hacked a Macintosh OS-X driver to support the VC LEGO-cam ?

Yes!  The Freeware open-source Macam works quite well.  Details are at:
http://webcam-osx.sourceforge.net/
and a patched version for OS X 10.3 can be found at:
http://www.multi-cam.net/camera_downloads.html

Tom

Subject:
OS-X driver for the Vision Command cam ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.vc
Date:
Sun, 5 Sep 2004 17:29:32 GMT

I think this has been asked before, but I don't see any positive replies...

Has anyone hacked a Macintosh OS-X driver to support the VC LEGO-cam ?

I believe someone has mentioned that the cam is really a Connectix QuickCam Web.
I have found a linux driver for that cam, but don't see a OS-X or BSD version.
Anyone know of one ?

thanks, Ray

Subject:
RCX.NET lets you program directly from .NET code
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.vc, lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 18 Apr 2004 04:08:36 GMT

Hi guys!

Some weeks ago I was trying to build a remote controlled (web page) camera
using my RCX and .NET. I tried many libraries and no one worked ok. Then I
decided to built my own .NET library, and It worked perfect.
Now I'm sharing this with you.Take a look and let me know any comments:
http://www.geeksco.com/rcxnet/index.htm
The programming interface is very similar to spirit's, but It does not
expose all its functionality. (Just drop me an email if you need some
additional method  :-) )

enjoy!

David

Re: how to get vision command update for win XP and win 2000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.vc
Date:
Tue, 20 Jan 2004 14:56:32 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.vc, Chun Sing Kwok wrote:
I am having the same problem on Win2K, but even worst is that I am living in
asia, the LEGO branch here, told me that they does not help to order
anything for individuals...

Any place I can download it?

"chrismaker" <chrismaker@noos.fr> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:HJ4515.1DtJ@lugnet.com...
Rob limbaugh give me the info to get the update.

LEGO has a new version of VC for "XP".  It will also install on Win2K. Call
Shop@Home and wait (don't press any buttons) and tell the person on the phone
you need the new version of VC for XP.

Chris.

Hello,

I found this on the internet:
http://www.abs-robotics.com/tips/install/winxp/vc.htm

Hope it helps,
Ruth

Re: how to get vision command update for win XP and win 2000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.vc
Date:
Sun, 18 Jan 2004 04:31:47 GMT

I am having the same problem on Win2K, but even worst is that I am living in
asia, the LEGO branch here, told me that they does not help to order
anything for individuals...

Any place I can download it?

"chrismaker" <chrismaker@noos.fr> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:HJ4515.1DtJ@lugnet.com...
Rob limbaugh give me the info to get the update.

LEGO has a new version of VC for "XP".  It will also install on Win2K. • Call
Shop@Home and wait (don't press any buttons) and tell the person on the • phone
you need the new version of VC for XP.

Chris.

Re: Vision Command can see IR!?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.vc
Date:
Sat, 11 Oct 2003 08:32:03 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.vc, Andrew Keyser wrote:
Yep, that's right--I found a page sowewhere where someone used the
remaining USB power offered by the computer to power 6 IR LEDs mounted
on the front of the cam--night vision!

Carl Jagt wrote:

Greetings,

   FYI -- While playing with my new Vision Command, the robo-cam swung by me
while I had the Mindstorm's remote control in hand; and I observed a point of
blue light eminating from the remote's IR head. A few quick and very
unscientific tests later, it appeared that the Vision Command camera can see
into the infrared spectrum -- can anyone else confirm this?
   (Also, prior to getting the VC cam up and running, the Win98 software
wanted to install RCX v2.0 into my v.10 RCX brick -- that surprised me...)

   Cheers,

Carl Jagt

Have a look here.

http://www.informatik.haw-hamburg.de/~lego/Projekte/projekte_englisch.html

Rainer

Re: Vision Command can see IR!?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.vc
Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 2003 21:34:25 GMT

--
-AK

--
------------
My website: http://legographics.idwt.net/

Subject:
how to get vision command update for win XP and win 2000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.vc
Date:
Mon, 4 Aug 2003 21:00:41 GMT

Rob limbaugh give me the info to get the update.

LEGO has a new version of VC for "XP".  It will also install on Win2K.  Call
Shop@Home and wait (don't press any buttons) and tell the person on the phone
you need the new version of VC for XP.

Chris.

Subject:
Half speed in movie maker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.vc
Date:
Fri, 25 Jul 2003 15:15:43 GMT

Hi,

When my son makes movies in Movie Maker they are way to fast because he does
not take enought
pictures (stop motion). Anybody know a program which will double the number
of frames and this
way make the movie longer.

Lars Gertsen - Denmark

Re: VC Doesn't work : (
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.vc
Date:
Sat, 5 Jul 2003 01:16:29 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.vc, Stéphane Simard wrote:
In lugnet.robotics.vc, Jason S. Mantor wrote:
Hello.  I just got my VC from EToys and installed everything, but I can't
get the camera to work.  I keep getting the message "The LEGO Cam is
currently in use by another application."  The microphone test works and
"fix it" during the installation said the device is working properly.  Any
ideas ?

I'm having the exact same problem :(

I'm using the exact same OS (Win 98 SE)

Any solution?

It's getting frutrating :( Nothing works. I tried re-installing, to no avail. On
top of that the installation process is long and tedious, for some reason it
takes MINUTES to detect cd rom change when it asks me to insert windows 98 se
CD.

I know the actual camera works fine, as the camera test right after the
installation works fine.

But vision command still doesn't detect it!

When I try the Lego Cam program the camera microphone works but any program
inside it tells me the camera is currently in use!

Please, I need help. Lego's tech support page stinks and doesn't help me in any
way!

My configuration:

Windows 98 SE
P3-733 MHZ
352 mb RAM
SB Live 5.1 sound card
Nvidia geforce2 MX 100/200 video card
20 gig hard disk
ASUS mother board

Re: VC Doesn't work : (
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.vc
Date:
Sat, 5 Jul 2003 00:36:36 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.vc, Jason S. Mantor wrote:
Hello.  I just got my VC from EToys and installed everything, but I can't
get the camera to work.  I keep getting the message "The LEGO Cam is
currently in use by another application."  The microphone test works and
"fix it" during the installation said the device is working properly.  Any
ideas ?

                                                Thanks,
                                                Xanthra47

PS.  AMD K6-300 mhz
        128 Megs of RAM
        Windows 98 2nd Ed.
        12 GB Hardrive
        Acer 36x CD-Rom
        HP 6200i
        Iomega Jaz Jet (ISA)

I'm having the exact same problem :(

I'm using the exact same OS (Win 98 SE)

Any solution?

Re: Vision command and night vision
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.vc
Date:
Wed, 7 May 2003 22:45:17 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.vc, Robert Seifert writes:
Couple months ago I have seen VC camera modified to see even in complete
darkness using IR LED diodes mounted around it. Today i tried to find it
again but Lugnet search didn't give me any positive results. Does anybody
know location of the page I am looking for?

Thanks Rob

http://www.informatik.fh-hamburg.de/~lego/Projekte/projekte_englisch.html

http://www.philohome.com/sensors/irlamp.htm

Subject:
Vision command and night vision
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.vc
Date:
Wed, 7 May 2003 10:12:26 GMT

Couple months ago I have seen VC camera modified to see even in complete
darkness using IR LED diodes mounted around it. Today i tried to find it
again but Lugnet search didn't give me any positive results. Does anybody
know location of the page I am looking for?

Thanks Rob

Re: Robot That Sorts Lego Pieces
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.vc
Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 2003 02:24:04 GMT

I built 7 bots that sort for me. Althought they really don't do their job.
Instead they play around all night and just bearly get everything cleaned up
in the nick of time right before sunrise when they kick on their sort beams.

7 Little Sorting Bots
http://www.biomechanicalbricks.com/little_bots_series_by_eric_sophie.htm

Kienetic Sort Beam

www.biomechanicalbricks.com

P.S. Thanks, just being silly. Had to do it. Good Luck with your project.

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact