 Robotics / Vision Command / 228
Re: Vision Command can see IR!?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.vc
Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 2003 21:34:25 GMT

Yep, that's right--I found a page sowewhere where someone used the
remaining USB power offered by the computer to power 6 IR LEDs mounted
on the front of the cam--night vision!

Carl Jagt wrote:

Greetings,

   FYI -- While playing with my new Vision Command, the robo-cam swung by me
while I had the Mindstorm's remote control in hand; and I observed a point of
blue light eminating from the remote's IR head. A few quick and very
unscientific tests later, it appeared that the Vision Command camera can see
into the infrared spectrum -- can anyone else confirm this?
   (Also, prior to getting the VC cam up and running, the Win98 software
wanted to install RCX v2.0 into my v.10 RCX brick -- that surprised me...)

   Cheers,

Carl Jagt

--
-AK