 Robotics / 21965
Re: The end of an all-too-brief era
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 7 Jan 2004 17:20:35 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Mark Tarrabain wrote:
I had heard it here before around here... but had hoped it was just a
rumour.

LEGO Mindstorms is going away.

Toys R Us, at least in my area, has stopped carrying Mindstorms
products, and according to the fellow I spoke to about it that works
there, LEGO is discontinuing the entire line.

Has this been confirmed or denied by anyone from TLC ?

At Lego World, the folowing question was asked...

Q: is there any future for the Mindstorms line?
A: yes.
http://news.lugnet.com/events/legoworld/?n=30

Sounds a bit like an urban legend to me. (like a floor person at a TRU would
know whats happening at Billund)

Ray