 Robotics / 21962
Re: The end of an all-too-brief era
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 7 Jan 2004 16:40:22 GMT

Mike Thorn wrote:

And besides, just because the line discontinues doesn't mean all the
RCX's disappear off the face of the earth. We still have the core
component.

Right... just because Commodore stopped making the C64 that shouldn't
stop C64 development because of all the people that bought them in the
first place?

Sorry... it doesn't work like that.  The RCX and the Mindstorms line
won't die instantly, of course, but the days are definitely numbered, at
least as far as the general public is concerned.

As others have pointed out, the educational market will most likely
continue, but as I'm not a teacher and I do not represent any
educational entity, my options in that venue will be very limited.