 Pirates / 4297
Re: The barque Dodelijke Klompschoen
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Tue, 14 Jun 2005 14:14:50 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Richie Dulin wrote:

I used an online translator. The idea was ‘Deadly Clog’ (which is quite silly). I did mean to include a note/apology to dutch speakers in my post, but forgot to add it in all the excitement of the moment.

Ok, Well that’s cleared up then (BUT WE HAD OUR FUN AND IT DOES LOOK LIKE A CLOG!!) and for the sake of completeness: the name should be: Dodelijke Klomp (What’s with the captain’s name: ‘Puntblazer’ HaHaHa I don’t even dare to try to translate that......)

And my apologies for misunderstanding the Centre-pieces thingie, I completely agree with you on the lack of deck space with only 16 studs.

There is still a question I want to ask you: Why do you mainly build early 19th century ships while the ‘Pirate Golden Age’ was around 1690-1730? (I also think that ships from that period looked a bit better with those high sterncastles)

Robin