 Pirates / 4113
Re: Pirate Tree House
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2005 02:02:40 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Jon Furman wrote:
   Hello all! My Pirates have constructed a tree house!

Click Here For Pics: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=112348

They’ve hoisted the pieces from some wrecked ships up into three large trees. The Captain’s cabin serves as the main storage, while various platforms, huts, and canopies round out the quarters. They’ve just returned from a treasure hunt and are using the winch to raise their loot into the tree for safekeeping.

This was an attempt to be a little more whimsical, and I hope you have fun looking at it. It was a lot of fun to build! As always I’d love to hear your comments.

Ahoy!

Nice work! It reminds me of the Swiss Family Robinson treehouse (now Tarzan’s treehouse, I believe) at Disneyland - whimsical, but also believable.

You’ve achieved a good tropical feel (great choice of foliage for the trees), and I love the use of chains, string and nets for hanging things too.

If I was a pirate, I’d like to live there!

Cheers

Richie Dulin