 Pirates / 4130
Re: Pirate Tree House
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2005 22:28:27 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Jon Furman wrote:
   In lugnet.pirates, Adrian Drake wrote:
   In lugnet.announce.moc, Jon Furman wrote:
   Hello all! My Pirates have constructed a tree house!

Now that is neat! Reminds me of the glory days of Pirates, when we’d get nifty little playsets like this:

    6270 Forbidden Island
176 elements, 4 figures, US$37.50, 1989
LEGO > SYSTEM > Pirate > Pirates

This was always one of my favorite pirate sets. Very cool, and very playable too.

Adrian

http://www.brickfrenzy.com

Adrian, I was wondering if you could tell me more about the baseplate in this set? Do you have it, and if so What size is it? Is this the only set to utilize it? Jon

Sure. It looks a little like this: http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/3811p02

This is, as far as I know, the only set in which it comes. It is a 32x32 blue baseplate with the sand pattern and some little white starter dots for the first few steps of the build.

And yes, I do own it.

Adrian