 Pirates / 4137
Re: Pirate Tree House
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2005 17:30:06 GMT

Peter F. Guenther wrote:
In lugnet.pirates, Adrian Drake wrote:
Yours is grey?  Fascinating.  Mine is blue, through and through.

Adrian

Indeed:
<<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/pguenthe/misc/baseplate.jpg>>

That's probably why I thought it had been in more than one set...
I've seen the all-blue variant from the collection of some GameLUG
member in an Evil Stevie's game and just assumed it was from a
different set.  I think I've seen variations without the starter dots
as well.  I can't tell if those are unprinted grey plastic showing
through, or dots of white.

As I mentioned already, this was from the very first run of the
set--within a couple weeks of it coming out in the fall of '89.
Maybe they went to blue baseplates later.

As far as I am aware, there is only one set using this baseplate. There is a
Paradisa set with a somewhat similar plate. I have this baseplate in both
grey and blue, all have the white dots, though on some the dots have faded
somewhat.

Frank
(the GameLUG member mentioned above).