 Pirates / 4112
Re: Pirate Tree House
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2005 01:18:33 GMT

Hey Bruce, How is it going for you? I hope you are doing well. It has been a while since my last MOC posting, but I’ve been lurking and posting here and there. I had a lot of problems with lighting and sharpness during the picture taking (I’m not a very good photographer....) so that is why several pics are grainy. I think the similarities to the Forestmen’s Crossing weren’t entirely subconcious. It’s one of the only sets from my childhood that still really fascinates me. I think I have a real affection for that type of multilevel outdoor playset environment. I even tried to fit the treehouse onto the 6071 baseplate, but the white dots are so obvious if you don’t cover them (plus the plate is pretty small.) The 6071 set itself really hints at so many possibilities...Who buit the tower?, Did the forestmen add the bridge to an extant structure? What are they doing there? Who is the leader? Is it the girl, or is she just guarding the tower? Maybe it’s a romantic situation (or maybe all those gradeschool productions of Juliet in the balcony sublimate in your head forever...) Anyway I love the set and drew upon it for a lot of inspiration. Thanks for the nod man! I’ll catch you later. Jon