 Pirates / 3869
Re: Report: ISS Advatange Refit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sun, 9 May 2004 16:53:36 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Michael Dallaston wrote:
Wow, so much more posting in .pirates than usual... can't comment on all the
models but nice ships all round!

Thinks we should start a 'ship-building techniques' thread, to get more ideas so
I can get a ship back on the sidebar ;)

Michael

Well, YOU suggested it :P

I'd love to discuss shipbuilding techniques. I'm always looking to improve.

I just recently discovered the crow's nest by looking at a photo of one from
below. (That's why I included such a photo in the post at the top of this
thread).

There's lots of things we can discuss. I think most of them are  modifications.

Let's see:

Expanded Mast Platforms and crow's nests
Adding forward (and rear) chaser cannons on turntables
Custom sails (definately cool)
Building and storing lifeboats
Studs-up yard design
Figureheads
Internal compartmentalization
The recurring problem of "How to make the interior accessible"
Starting a ship
making cool-looking aft sections
Extending masts and placement of sails (I want to see topgallants, royals, and
skysails!)

And, of course, how to build a good-looking two-decker. It's a challenge.