 Pirates / 3862
Report: ISS Advatange Refit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sat, 8 May 2004 06:34:41 GMT

Tanbrickhaven - The refit of the Advantage was completed today after returning
from artillery duty during the recent Battle of Grand Baseplate. While, the
blue-banner forces were defeated, all but one of the Imperial Soldiers attacking
from the North (Deployed by ISS Adventure) were killed when trapped between
enemy fortifications and the enemy's flagship, the Mint, also recently completed
after the generous peace treaty. While ISS Advantage was the only Imperial
Soldier ship not to deploy some of its crew to fight in the battle, it played a
vital role in securing victory when the enemy forces attempted to escape with
their president on their flagship.

Advantage's refit replaced the aft structures, removing the stained-glass and
adding chrome gold and a mizzenmast, carrying a lateen sail for increased
manueverability. Cannons were thoughtfully repositioned to preserve the
360-degree targeting radius of the warship, and a full-size wheel was placed on
the quarterdeck (although another auxiliary wheel is located below the deck in
case the raised one should be damaged). While the structure changed, the
interior did not. It still retains its two-level bridge with a drink bar in the
back.

In addition to the mizzenmast, the shipyard's respected engineers also installed
a crow's nest and expanded mast platforms (see bottom of this posts). These new
mast platforms can fit more than twice as many sailors and measure 10 by 10
studs. The chrome gold aboard consists of 14 1x2 tiles, 2 1x2 modified tiles
with ball, and 2 1x1 round plates. Advantage was the first Imperial Soldier ship
in the area to use chrome gold, and with the vast wealth the soldiers have
acquired through their ties to the shipbuilding and merchant industries, it
seems like the start of a trend. The Mint, another Class 7 ship mentioned
earlier, is close behind, decorated with chrome silver.

Photos:

ISS Advantage (Refit).

ISS Advantage (Refit) compared to other ships such as the 6274, 6285, 6286.

ISS Advantage before Refit (Previously Posted)

Other:

The "Mint"

ISS Advantage (Previously Posted)

EXPANDED MAST PLATFORMS:

Top View.
Underside View.
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=6063
Plate, Modified 10 x 10 Octagonal Open Center (Vital!)