 Pirates / 3876
Re: Report: ISS Advatange Refit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 10 May 2004 01:41:53 GMT

But, if you really wish that size ship, you can get it for as low as $118 plus
shipping on BL.

The lowest I've seen a BSB from a U.S. seller is ~134.00. I'm in the U.S. and
don't want to pay for oversea shipping.

If they're too expensive, consider a mid-size ship like the 6289/6290 RBR (It's
a fixer-upper!), the
6274 Carribean Clipper, or an Armada (or Imperial) Flagship. I'm not sure what
you've got so far (besides the Penguin ^_^)

I've got one Carribean Clipper and one Armada Flagship. I do plan to get more.

And hey, I don't think either I or any of the other guys here would mind letting
you toy with one of our ships at a convention if you wanted to check them out
firsthand. If you ever end up in a Pirate Game that I'm running, you'll get your
Class 7 ^_^

My local LUG is having a convention in October, so I'll check out some larger
ships at The Pirate Game there. I've been "into" LEGO for three years now, so
I'm fairly new to this stuff.

My focus is to build ships of class 4 or less, and to have enough of them to run
games with my friends and other selected individules. I have a wargaming/RPG
background, so I might attempt to run a game or two at a local hobby store, it
just depends on how brave I get. I'm unsure how non-AFOLs will react to it. Of
my freinds, one is almost a AFOL himself, and the others know I'm "into" this
stuff and are willing to play with no reservations.

As it stands right now, I have somewhere between 100-200 pirates with enough
weapons to equip them. Of boats, I have 4 class 1, 3x class 2, 2 class 3 and 1
class 4. Where I want to be is 8 class 1, 8 class 2, 4 class 3, and 4 class 4.

I find it cheaper to buy pirates and some parts on eBay. I have a certain fixed
price I'll pay. If it goes over, I move on to another auction.

~Clangador

hi, if i may add, i definitely would suggest buying through ebay rather than
bricklink. i was able to find many 6285's and 6274's for reasonable prices. the
trick is to just be patient. over the months i made purchases, i bought 5 BSB's
and 4 CC's for fair prices. if you are willing to look around, and sift through
the stuff you dont want, you can find ones that are not quite complete, but
almost, or partial, that go for FAR less than complete ones. it have a hard time
spending $120 on  BSB when i got all mine for $80 or less, with box to boot.
here's how i searched: "6285" and "6274" in the general search, "barracuda" and
"clipper" in the lego catagory, "pirate ship", "pirate", and "pirates" in the
lego catagory. i know it's alot of searches, but i have seen some ships not
listed very well go for atrotiously low prices. (BSB for $36.00!!!!!! cant
believe i didnt bid!) anyway, be patient, and be willing to search, and good
things will come to you. :-)

best regards,
steve