 Pirates / 3868
Re: Report: ISS Advatange Refit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sun, 9 May 2004 16:37:02 GMT

Very nice ships. I wish I had ships that big.

You can, they're just more expensive. I bought some of mine over Bricklink and
Ebay as 6285 and 6286 sets. Others, I built from scratch. A word of warning:
Don't overbuy on the hull pieces if you're making ships from scratch, becuase
you'll find yourself with too many of them and not enough pieces to finish them!
I had to go back and order hundreds of pieces for some of my ships.

Small ships are nice, too, and can be just as beautiful and cool, plus they're
less expensive and easier (well maybe not...I should say less cosuming). And of
course they require less minifigs to crew (figs themselves can be expensive,
especially with all the weapons. Revolvers were cheaper and easier to find than
flintlocks, which is one of the reasons I switched my Imperials over to the
western-type guns).

But, if you really wish that size ship, you can get it for as low as $118 plus
shipping on BL.
http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?q=6285+Black&searchSort=P&sz=100&sellerUsername=&t=&c=&u=&i=&uR=&invNew=&itemType=&invType=
and here's one on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=19011&item=3192356790&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
There's almost always some around. Search ebay for "Lego 6285" or "Lego 10040."

I find that eBayers tend to ship slightly faster (one doesn't always have to
wait for an invoice) but are more...diverse quality-wise (I've never gotten
smokey Lego from a Bricklinker).

If they're too expensive, consider a mid-size ship like the 6289/6290 RBR (It's
a fixer-upper!), the
6274 Carribean Clipper, or an Armada (or Imperial) Flagship. I'm not sure what
you've got so far (besides the Penguin ^_^)

And hey, I don't think either I or any of the other guys here would mind letting
you toy with one of our ships at a convention if you wanted to check them out
firsthand. If you ever end up in a Pirate Game that I'm running, you'll get your
Class 7 ^_^

Cheers!