 Pirates / 3862
  Report: ISS Advatange Refit

Tanbrickhaven - The refit of the Advantage was completed today after returning from artillery duty during the recent Battle of Grand Baseplate. While, the blue-banner forces were defeated, all but one of the Imperial Soldiers attacking from the (...) (20 years ago, 8-May-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Report: ISS Advantage Refit

*Grumbles and curses* I misspelled the name in the title. Anyway, check out this little class 2 also: (URL) currently serving as a mail-carrier. (20 years ago, 8-May-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Report: ISS Advatange Refit

(...) Very nice ships. I wish I had ships that big. ~Clangador (20 years ago, 9-May-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Report: ISS Advatange Refit

Wow, so much more posting in .pirates than usual... can't comment on all the models but nice ships all round! Thinks we should start a 'ship-building techniques' thread, to get more ideas so I can get a ship back on the sidebar ;) Michael (20 years ago, 9-May-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Report: ISS Advatange Refit

(...) You can, they're just more expensive. I bought some of mine over Bricklink and Ebay as 6285 and 6286 sets. Others, I built from scratch. A word of warning: Don't overbuy on the hull pieces if you're making ships from scratch, becuase you'll (...) (20 years ago, 9-May-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Report: ISS Advatange Refit

(...) Well, YOU suggested it :P I'd love to discuss shipbuilding techniques. I'm always looking to improve. I just recently discovered the crow's nest by looking at a photo of one from below. (That's why I included such a photo in the post at the (...) (20 years ago, 9-May-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Report: ISS Advatange Refit

(...) Too late, I've already got more hull pieces than I currently need. =) (...) Right now I'm just working on class 4 and small ships. Once I get enough built, I will slowly work on larger ships. I had a RBR at one point, but my son razed it. (...) (20 years ago, 9-May-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  shipbuilding techniques (was Re: Report: ISS Advatange Refit)

(...) Yes I did. I may live to regret it ;) (...) I have made my own mast platform without using the Lego piece, by putting those 1x4 plates with the bar in the yard-holes (they are exactly 5 studs apart if you use one on each side at the top of the (...) (20 years ago, 9-May-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Report: ISS Advatange Refit

(...) hello! these ships are coming along nicely! its funny, the Advantage actually reminds me of the first real pirat ship i built! the stern section is almost exactly the same! it's great to see some larger pirate ships being built. i am not (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Report: ISS Advatange Refit

(...) hi michael, i agree with your idea for a techniques thread. i would like to see how Mr Dulin does certain things, and am always on the lookout for new ideas! if you start one, i will definitely contribute! best regards, steve (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Report: ISS Advatange Refit

(...) hi, if i may add, i definitely would suggest buying through ebay rather than bricklink. i was able to find many 6285's and 6274's for reasonable prices. the trick is to just be patient. over the months i made purchases, i bought 5 BSB's and 4 (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: shipbuilding techniques (was Re: Report: ISS Advatange Refit)

(...) hi michael, i am extremely flattered that you hold my creation in such high regard! you do me much honor. thank you. i was very happy with scimitar, but believe it or not, i view all of my ships with an eye to improvement. as a result, each (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Report: ISS Advatange Refit

(...) This is sound advice. I recall a seller who consistently mispelled 'pirate' as 'priate'... I picked up a few bits and pieces ;-) If you're building ships, you don't need complete sets... if you've got the hull pieces, masts and ratlines, it (...) (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Report: ISS Advatange Refit

Richie, since you're on and about to do some spyglassing for the Victoria, could you spyglass the [now refitted] Advantage again and link it to this thread? The older pictures are no longer current. Thanks! :) (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Report: ISS Advatange Refit

(...) You can go larger than minifig - many ships had figureheads that were 'larger than life' (in many senses of that term). I find a minifig head, on a 2x1 tile (with one stud) on two headlight bricks, with 2 1x1 round plates as breasts works (...) (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Report: ISS Advatange Refit

(...) Yep. Been away from .pirates for a few days... Advantage is being spyglassed too... (about two minutes away) I just came upon the Victoria first... but they'll both be there in a moment! Cheers Richie Dulin (3 URLs) (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)