 Pirates / 3870
Re: HMS Victoria
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sun, 9 May 2004 17:17:22 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Michael Dallaston wrote:
In lugnet.pirates, Justin Harvey wrote:
after getting back to the theme I aways loved. (pirates) I made this ship,
enjoy. HMS Victoria is a 32 gun man of war. more pictures are coming. :-)

http://www.harveynet.nu/justin/gallery/legos/pirates/hmsvictoria.html

http://www.harveynet.nu/justin/

:-)

Nice Work :)  Though the deck looks a little 'square' to me, but then I am the
sort that tries to make ships as curvy as possible, to the sacrifice of
everything else.  Still looks great!

I agree, on both points. The color scheme uses more brown than I would have used
(Black with the white stripe is my favorite, of course) but I wouldn't have
thought to use grey. Overall, the effect is nice.
It's a monument to the old colors!

And deck guns.  Could carry many deck guns ;)

Well, ships carried their larger guns on the bottom, and the cannons are the
little "micro cannon" already. Putting real cannons on the top would look odd
(except for chasers) and putting more of the little things would have to be done
with bunch of full custom assemblies. I've seen some good ones, but it might be
a pain.

One thing that would look good would be to put fence pieces between the supports
for the rails (most of them seem to have 4 studs in between).