Re: Crate Contraption Standard
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.smart
Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 2004 04:46:35 GMT

Steve clearly wants to keep this simple for the first go-around. But others,
including myself, dream of more flexibility. I like Larry's idea of referring to
versions. So rather than having to reject some features as too difficult, we can
ear mark them for a future version.

I've been trying to work out in my head how a module that interfaces to
ball-handlers on both sides could effectively move crates. I mean, how will it
know when it is safe to remove or place a crate when its neighbors always expect
a crate to be there?

The only answer I've come up with it the crate-shoving method employed by SMARTs
forklifts. This method should be sufficient, but if it's the only usable one,
crate-handling in the initial version may lack some variety.

I've started a draft of Version 1 here: http://www.lugnet.com/~1048/GBC

LMKWYT

-Brian A.