Re: Crate Contraption Standard
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.smart
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 2004 22:32:33 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.smart, Steve Hassenplug wrote:

This is really along the same lines as what I was thinking, except, I'd start
with two ports (1 in, 1 out) on opposite sides of the module.  Each module would
have 1 input "crate" in a specified location, and would be responsable for
moving balls to the input crate in the next module, using any means (as you
suggested)

I guess I am confused then. A crate is a thing that balls go in. A crate
contraption would need to be able to handle crates, yes? Else it would be a ball
contraption?

The thing is, I think the problems of actaully building a mechanism which can
reliably pick up and move crates around is so complicated compared to causing
balls to roll around that few if any people will participate.

JB