 Organizations / United States / SANDLUG / 52
Re: More ISD Building Fun...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.sandlug, lugnet.org.us.lugola
Date:
Fri, 29 Apr 2005 19:04:04 GMT

In lugnet.legoland.california, Adrian Egli wrote:
Hold on a second!  When Paul told me about this event in an email, I sent a
copy of it to you.  My idea being you as a voice of LUGOLA would pass it
along to others (Maybe I should have sent it to Bruce???).  According to my
records, that was sent out March 1st, 2005.  So what happened? Spamblocked?
Changed ISPs?

Here's the actual order of events - as you'll see there is a good reason why the
word did not get out even though I'm not proud of it.

mid February - I first get word of a possible LUGOLA meeting in late April.
March 1st - your message was received and I believe I responded to it as well on
that date. Given that I download email and don't leave it on the server, it was
deleted from adelphia's servers at that point.
Late March 1st - hard drive crash, main directory unobtainable.
March 1st - March 7th (or thereabouts)- All my attempts to revive said hard
drive are for nought. Hard drive sent off for repairs. Wife's laptop is used to
catch me up on all other business until HD is recovered.
April 2nd - LUGOLA meeting date of April 30th is confirmed with hosts.
April 4th - I discover the LLCA event on my own (D'OH!)
April 6th - Hard drive is returned and listed as 'unrecoverable'.

With all that happening, it's no big surprise that I completely forgot about
your email. I dropped the ball and I admit that. In the future, I would
recommend sending emails to myself and Scott Costello (keeper of lugola.org).
Bruce is a good idea as well as he is generally the most active member of the
group at this time.

I apologize to Adrian and to LUGOLA as a whole for messing this up. Normally I
am on top of such things, but the recent turn of events has messed up my
situation worse than expected (insufficient backups). I promise to be more 'on
the ball' in the future and will forward emails like Adrian's to Scott as a form
of 'backing up' information as well.

-Dave