 LEGOLAND / California / 748
  More ISD Building Fun...

I just received this note from a colleague at LEGOLAND California. Personally, I'm wondering if the West Coast AFOLs have the chops to beat the always impressive NELUG... :) ==== LEGOLAND California needs Rebel Recruits! During the weekend of April (...) (19 years ago, 26-Apr-05, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.lego.announce, lugnet.lego, lugnet.org.us.sandlug, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, FTX)

  Re: More ISD Building Fun...

(...) Hi Jake, Oddly enough, that may come to pass due to the fact that this build is planned during our April LUGOLA meeting. I guess this one's in the hands of SANDLUG or SCTLC. Good luck, guys! -Dave (19 years ago, 26-Apr-05, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: More ISD Building Fun...

(...) Not being from the east coast OR the west coast, I really don't care who holds the record, as long as we can keep in in the US! :) (...) The build at Celebration III was a bit different from other speed builds, because about half the team (...) (19 years ago, 26-Apr-05, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: More ISD Building Fun...

(...) Seems like poor planning to me, as I'd like to do bothe events. But I'll be at the park that weekend, as my other big passion/hobby is Starwars. I haven't built an ISD before, but I'm sure I'll have fun. I'm also planning to bring my R/C R2D2 (...) (19 years ago, 27-Apr-05, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.lego, lugnet.org.us.sandlug, FTX)

  Re: More ISD Building Fun...

(...) No doubt about that, Mat. Meeting dates are set by those who are holding the meeting, so there isn't much we can do. I'll try to make it to the park on Sunday, but I think I'm putting too much in my weekend already. Take care and help prove (...) (19 years ago, 27-Apr-05, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.lego, lugnet.org.us.sandlug, FTX)

  Re: More ISD Building Fun...

(...) Although limited tablespace may not have been a complete downside - it also ment that in almost all cases, the part you needed was somewhere within reach. (...) We also knew where the parts were likely to be even without sorting. Our layout (...) (19 years ago, 27-Apr-05, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: More ISD Building Fun...

I think that some of the guys from the SPLTC are planning to be at Legoland for this event. Ray ----- Original Message ----- From: "Dave Johann" <legomecha@adelphia.net> To: <lugnet.legoland.cal...gnet.com>; <lugnet.lego@lugnet.com>; (...) (19 years ago, 27-Apr-05, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.lego, lugnet.org.us.sandlug)

  Re: More ISD Building Fun...

(...) Mat, Poor planning! This event has been announced two times already with little responce from anyone in California. First time was over a month ago. The AFOL's need to wake up here in CA.and get envolved. Not even the Michon's have come forth (...) (19 years ago, 27-Apr-05, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.lego, lugnet.org.us.sandlug, FTX)

  Re: More ISD Building Fun...

(...) Trying to keep communication strong between the LUGs and the LTCs in Cali has never been easy. The LTCs and the LUGs tend to keep to themselves more often then not. It's simply a matter of what you are interested in building. Besides, if you (...) (19 years ago, 27-Apr-05, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.org.us.sandlug, lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX)

  Re: More ISD Building Fun...

(...) ahem (URL) ya, the sidebar needs updating, but it WAS mentioned so you can not use that as an excuse. ;) M (19 years ago, 27-Apr-05, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.org.us.sandlug, lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX)

  Re: More ISD Building Fun...

(...) I stand corrected. I tend to use sidebar info rather that individual messages, so even a cursory look through the last 40 messages didn't reveal that info. Thanks for pointing it out Mark. -Dave (19 years ago, 27-Apr-05, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.org.us.sandlug, lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX)

  Re: More ISD Building Fun...

(...) (snipped) (...) Hold on a second! When Paul told me about this event in an email, I sent a copy of it to you. My idea being you as a voice of LUGOLA would pass it along to others (Maybe I should have sent it to Bruce???). According to my (...) (19 years ago, 27-Apr-05, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.org.us.sandlug, lugnet.org.us.lugola, FTX)

  Re: More ISD Building Fun...

(...) Jake- Depends how much you want to handicap us! David Michon and Thomas Michon were both under 18 when they helped set the (then) current US record at BrickFest last August. When I communicated with LLCA about this IDS event, I was told that (...) (19 years ago, 27-Apr-05, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: More ISD Building Fun...

[ ... snipped ... ] (...) another (...) bounds (...) I too dislike the term AFOL. I don't consider myself an "Adult Fan Of LEGO", I consider LEGO my hobby and I am really nothing other than a hobbyist. Mike (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.lego)

  Re: More ISD Building Fun...

(...) If anyone wants to point a finger you can point it at me. I was the one who arranged the date with Ray, of course unaware of the Legoland thingy. Seems to me that too much of a big deal is being made of this. I'm not saying that the Legoland (...) (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.lego, lugnet.org.us.sandlug, FTX)

  Re: More ISD Building Fun...

(...) True. It also made it easir on the mastr sorter, (me) who couldn't stand up much. (...) and make sure the bag of 1x4 dark grey plates goes straight to the frame builders... (...) Yeah, but they spent 30 minutes doing so... (...) I'd suggest 1 (...) (19 years ago, 29-Apr-05, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: More ISD Building Fun...

(...) Here's the actual order of events - as you'll see there is a good reason why the word did not get out even though I'm not proud of it. mid February - I first get word of a possible LUGOLA meeting in late April. March 1st - your message was (...) (19 years ago, 29-Apr-05, to lugnet.org.us.sandlug, lugnet.org.us.lugola)