 LEGOLAND / California / 756
Re: More ISD Building Fun...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.org.us.sandlug, lugnet.org.us.lugola
Date:
Wed, 27 Apr 2005 07:03:50 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.sandlug, Paul Thomas wrote:
   In lugnet.legoland.california, Mathew Clayson wrote:

Mat,

Poor planning! This event has been announced two times already with little responce from anyone in California. First time was over a month ago. The AFOL’s need to wake up here in CA.and get envolved.

Trying to keep communication strong between the LUGs and the LTCs in Cali has never been easy. The LTCs and the LUGs tend to keep to themselves more often then not. It’s simply a matter of what you are interested in building.

Besides, if you check the majority of the posts made to http://news.lugnet.com/legoland/california/ before this week, you’ll see that this even has NOT been mentioned at all. Heck, it’s not even listed as an upcoming event on the sidebar. I only found out about it by cruising legoland.com looking for upcoming events so as to warn LUGOLA about possible upcoming conflicts. It was too late, as our meeting date had already been set and the location confirmed.

   I know it’s not possible for everyone to get involved all the time. but I seem to remember the last time I was in the company of some LUGOLA members they were complaining about not being invited to offical Lego events.

Yep. It is here. Care to name the last time this happened? I’m one of the few that can. This is the second time since the park opened that something planned at Legoland has directly conflicted with a LUGOLA meeting date. I’d say those are pretty good numbers myself. I’m certainly not upset with Legoland about this - I’d never expect them to cater to any AFOL club.

Also, if memory serves, you are referring to an occasion where the LTCs were informed, but the LUGs were not. That’s a completely different topic and one that was resolved LONG ago.

   Here it is people! Along with a few people from Lugnet only the SPLTC will be at the build this weekend.

No, there will be reps from each club there, of that I am certain. Heck, it wouldn’t surprise me if SEALUG showed up in some way, shape, or form. I might even be there on Sunday if I can get up early enough.

   PS: Dave Johann, their is two other clubs in California (SPLTC, BAYLUG)

Paul Thomas SPLTC

Yes, Paul, I was aware of that. I was in a bit of a hurry when I posted, so I apologize if I offended you in some way. Since SPLTC seems to keep their distance from most of the other clubs, I was unsure as to their current status. BAYLUG doesn’t exactly have a short trip to Carlsbad, so I didn’t mention them for a reason.

-Dave