 LEGOLAND / California / 748

Subject:
More ISD Building Fun...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.lego.announce, lugnet.lego, lugnet.org.us.sandlug, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd
Date:
Tue, 26 Apr 2005 19:36:03 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I just received this note from a colleague at LEGOLAND California.

Personally, I’m wondering if the West Coast AFOLs have the chops to beat the always impressive NELUG...

:)

====
LEGOLAND California needs Rebel Recruits!

During the weekend of April 30 - May 1, LEGOLAND California will be hosting the LEGO Star Destroyer Building Competition, where an attempt will be made to break the current speed build record. The

During this weekend event, we’ll attempt to break the current record of 54 minutes and 22 seconds held by the members of the New England LEGO Users Group (NELUG).

(The Final Build Time set last weekend during Star Wars Celebration III in Indianapolis was 1 hour 23 minutes!)

Rebel Builders need to be on-site at LEGOLAND from 12:30 pm – 3:30 pm on Saturday and/or Sunday. Teams consist of 10 Rebel Builders each day. All Team Members will receive return tickets to LEGOLAND California, and a gift bag with Star Wars collectibles.

If you are interested in being a part of the LEGOLAND Rebel Building Team, please send an email to Chrystal Richuisa at LEGOLAND California, chrystal.richuisa@america.lego.com for your chance to break the record!

The Star Destroyer Building Competition is just one of several Star Wars Weekend Event activities on April 30 - May 1 -- check out www.legoland.com for more event information.

====

Now I’d hate to see the East Coasters talking smack about how the West Coasters couldn’t muster enough members for a team. That’d be rough to hear. Funny, but rough, nonetheless.

Jake
---
Jake McKee
Community Liaison
LEGO Community Team

Re: More ISD Building Fun...
In lugnet.legoland.california, Jake McKee wrote:
   I just received this note from a colleague at LEGOLAND California.

Personally, I’m wondering if the West Coast AFOLs have the chops to beat the always impressive NELUG...

:)

====
LEGOLAND California needs Rebel Recruits!

During the weekend of April 30 - May 1, LEGOLAND California will be hosting the LEGO Star Destroyer Building Competition, where an attempt will be made to break the current speed build record. The

Now I’d hate to see the East Coasters talking smack about how the West Coasters couldn’t muster enough members for a team. That’d be rough to hear. Funny, but rough, nonetheless.

Jake
---
Jake McKee
Community Liaison
LEGO Community Team

Hi Jake,

Oddly enough, that may come to pass due to the fact that this build is planned during our April LUGOLA meeting. I guess this one’s in the hands of SANDLUG or SCTLC. Good luck, guys!

-Dave

Re: More ISD Building Fun...