Subject:
Memories of Mich. (was Re: Choose a Logo)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Sat, 7 Apr 2001 04:16:59 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Scott Sanburn writes:
Amy & All,

Heh, I lived in Michigan most of my life, let's say 20
out
of my 25.7 years, and I did not see the Mac until 1999,
I've lived here 10 years (and that frightens me) and I've
never been north of
Flint.

Get up there. Da UP is an amazing place. All of it.

Ah, yes it is, I have been there twice (thats alot for somebody born and
raised in Southern California, lol) Very nice up there :)
I have realtives in Owosso and Elsie (anybody heard of Elsie??) I used to
live in an apartment complex in Los Angeles that had more people living in
it than lived in Elsie. My grandparents used to own a jewelry store there,
and they had another one - I think it was in Lansing (?).
And yes, I have been to Makinaw (did I spell it right?) Island and been on
the bridge - even had the fudge, lol, I look foward to returning one of
these days.

P, E, T, O.... S K E Y!!! Colors of blue and white,
P, E, T, O.... S K E Y!!! Fight, Fight, FIGHT!

(PHS high school cheer from 25 years ago, there is no way I would forget how
to spell my home city.... )

I still have the Petoskey stones we gathered from the shore many years ago.
My son thinks they are the "coolest rocks" he has ever seen. Can you still
find them on the shoreline?? This would be a neat thing for my son.
Mark P.
Mfuss903@aol.com