Re: Choose a Logo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 04:01:38 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Scott Edward Sanburn writes:
Trevor,

Hold on a sec.... by golly...yup...when you're right, you're right!  The
Ambassador Bridge is sky blue with the big dang "Ambassador Bridge" sign • on top.

IN THAT CASE...I prefer the other logo.  And here I thought this was a • token
to the Canadian contingent...sheesh!  Hey, what can I tell ya?  Even as an
AFOL, I get no respect!  It's ain't easy bein' me!  ;^D

Ha! No respect for you foreigners around here! ; )

Actually, we had a guy from Canada start at B&V, reminded me a lot of you,
in terms of commuting and the like, his is 1.5 hours to Ann Arbor, at least
2 on the way home. Ugh!

Scott S.
--

Bah!  It takes me 25-30 minutes in the morning on average.  It was 45-50
minutes back before all the Chrysler and GM layoffs:  they seemed to axe the

Anyways, not to stray too far off topic, I think:  the Michigan logo is
nice, and doesn't let people feel geographically left out.  Even if SOME of
us are moving out of State.  The problem with the bridge is, hey, not
everyone knows about it.  So there is less relation in my mind.

But that is only my opinion and I'm just a crazy foreigner who was raised on
Tim Horton's honey glazed and apple fritter donuts and saying things like:

"Ooooh, ya...you know, eh, dat dere donut's a good one!  Nice and big and
soft and steamin', eh? And it's got a big hole in it, it does, eh?  Just
like Joe Clark's head, eh?  Maybe I can try to plug it up with a Timbit,
oooh ya!"

So what would I know about Michigan anyway?  :^D

~Trev
Astro Lift Co.