Re: Choose a Logo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 16:55:57 GMT

Personally, I like the bridge logo better.  (Sorry Kai!)

6) GIFs are more appropriate for drawings with sharp contrasts, and JPGs are
more appropriate for photos. The bridge logo is difficult to make look good
because it has components of both.

This is correct.  In a program like Macromedia Fireworks (and I believe
Adobe ImageReady, which is part of Photoshop now) you can slice an image--so
that parts of it are compressed as GIF and parts as JPG.  The program also
outputs an HTML table that displays the slices.  You just pop that table in
instead of the IMG tag.  This is the best way to optimize a mixed image such
as this.

Peter