Re: MichLUG Meeting - March 2nd, 2002 - Scott's wrap-up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 18:13:05 GMT

Kai Brodersen brought an awesome 8 wide train engine, I am unsure the model
or train company.:

Great work on the GO Train Engine.  I'm am unsure about the model number
of the engines, but they are emplowed with the GO Trains as the primary
mover.

I'm not going to ask (Kai) about how he did it, but the engine looks
amazing, and I can't wait to see how he addresses the passenger sections.
I think late last summer (2001), he posted some GO pictures, but the detail
wasn't as precise as possible.....

great job, BTW on it (KAI),

and a good write up of the meeting, Scott...despite the objections from
writing / grammer.

BTW on your FAQ,

"11. I don't live in Michigan, can I still join?

Absolutely, in our current roster we have a member who lives in Indiana and
another who lives in Canada.  Again all that is required is that you join in
discussions on LUGNET and show up to meetings once and a while."

The last phrase should read, "show up to meetings once in a while." to
be correct.

I was also thinking about the decrease in the average postings from your
group...and while I was reading your FAQ it hit me....

"10. Why is there a separate Yahoo group?

As we make plans for upcoming shows the various details can go on for quite
a while.  This discussions can clutter up the MichLUG forum on LUGNET, so we
do the majority of planning there.  Only full members have access to this
group."

If you didn't have this Yahoo group, it would WAY increase your output total.
But, I can see the real reasons why, for show planning (to keep it a secret).

Anyways, Kudos to develop and having a nice web-site.  And good luck with
developing the LUG into something even better than it is already.

Benjamin Medinets