Re: Language snobs(was: MichLUG Meeting - March 2nd, 2002 - Scott's wrap-up)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 10:20:27 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Amy & All,

May I suggest that MichLUG find a language snob to do proofreading? You know,
someone who writes for a living? Someone who cringes at the use of "setup" as >a verb, at comma splices and at incomplete sentences, like this one and the >last? Failing to find a professional snob, may I at least suggest we run our >written material by a skilled proofreader? It'd be awkward to offer my >services, so may I volunteer Larry? :-)

Scott's meeting/show summaries are an informal tradition, but things we put on
our website or hand out at shows need more thorough editing, IMO.

Amy, I find this last post insulting, and if you have serious problems with
my writing skills, I suggest you should have contacted me off-line. I would
rather have a few mistakes on various writings and summaries rather subjects
rather than have someone "proofreading" them who takes potshots and insults
other members online.

Larry has gone through most of what I had written in the past, and if he
wants to help me, he is free to do so.

If you have anything further to say on this matter, I would suggest to
e-mail me directly.

It seems rather amusing to me to see you volunteer your services on issues
regarding the website, when the lack of services caused what happened earlier.

Scott S.