Re: Language snobs(was: MichLUG Meeting - March 2nd, 2002 - Scott's wrap-up)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 06:03:56 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Amy Hughes writes:

May I suggest that MichLUG find a language snob to do proofreading?

AFAIAC you certainly may... :-) Were you planning on doing so? :-) If so, go
ahead. :-)

It'd be awkward to offer my services, so may
I volunteer Larry? :-)

No, you mayn't. :-) I tilt at too many windmills as it is. But thanks for
thinking of me, just the same. :-)

Scott's meeting/show summaries are an informal tradition,

I kind of like the manifold ways he has of managing to mangle matters,
mayhap he should continue? :-)

but things we put on
our website or hand out at shows need more thorough editing, IMO.

All kidding aside (and it's *all* kidding up above), you do have a point.