Re: MichLUG Meeting - March 2nd, 2002 - Scott's wrap-up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 18:20:42 GMT

Benjamin & All,

Great work on the GO Train Engine.  I'm am unsure about the model number
of the engines, but they are emplowed with the GO Trains as the primary
mover.

I'm not going to ask (Kai) about how he did it, but the engine looks
amazing, and I can't wait to see how he addresses the passenger sections.
I think late last summer (2001), he posted some GO pictures, but the detail
wasn't as precise as possible.....

He did a great job on that. Wait to go, Kai! Looks like another 8-wider in
our midst! The horror! ; )

I was also thinking about the decrease in the average postings from your
group...and while I was reading your FAQ it hit me....

"10. Why is there a separate Yahoo group?

As we make plans for upcoming shows the various details can go on for quite
a while.  This discussions can clutter up the MichLUG forum on LUGNET, so we
do the majority of planning there.  Only full members have access to this
group."

If you didn't have this Yahoo group, it would WAY increase your output total.
But, I can see the real reasons why, for show planning (to keep it a secret).

We have several reasons for this, but seeing a bunch of "Scott, can you
e-mail me?", or "Scott, you forgot my sets again!", or "Scott, you big
blundersnub!" seems silly to have on LUGNET. That, and some other more
serious items are discussed. Trying to keep relevant and interesting
material for LUGNET, the more mundane, serious stuff will stay on Yahoo.

Anyways, Kudos to develop and having a nice web-site.  And good luck with
developing the LUG into something even better than it is already.

Thanks, but all the Kudos go to Jason Spears and Amy Hughes, they have been
working on the website, I just try to do my part. Thanks for the praise! We
appreciate it!

Scott S.