 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6085

Subject:
8475 -- a good buy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 28 Dec 2002 16:15:49 GMT

I've just started to play with this set.

WOW!!

despite my earlier post about the B I G box but lots of empty space i
like this set..... for the parts.

WOW.

Lego has come VERY VERY close to my "dream" of a RC lego "system"

when I first saw the very first lego RC car 5600 I thought it was going
to be cool.

I had envisioned  a system of a base receiver, one that  would allow
someone to attach standard lego motors to and be able to form the
steering and driving mechanisms...

I was disappointed to get a very plane pre built RC car that had a few
studs to attach bricks to decorate your rc car.

but forget all that... that was then.

NOW, in the next phase of 27 MHz play lego has given me:

a base receiver that has 2 standard  9v battery connectors.  and one
motor output that is sort of like the "microscout" cause it is built
in.  the odd thing about this output is that it is locked into just
turing 45 degrees left or right with a "spring" that auto centres the
axle after you stop transmitting to that motor.  THE GOOD NEWS is that
if you attach a polarity switch like this:

http://members.rogers.com/magno42/3out.jpg

then the "proportional steering" can be made to be a constant out.

that leaves the 2 "regular" 9V motor out's.  what can I say. they do
what you would expect them to do.

the trasmitter/reciever pair can be set to one of 3 channels so up to 3
cars can play at once.

Calum, we HAVE to have a "battle bots" game.    maybe not a Rx game but
some sort of LIVEx  game.

I'm done typing... I'm going back to play with my new motors.....

Chris

Re: 8475 -- a good buy