 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6089
Re: 8475 -- a good buy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 28 Dec 2002 17:26:58 GMT

Chris Magno wrote:
I've just started to play with this set.

WOW!!

I agree.

THE GOOD NEWS is that
if you attach a polarity switch like this:

http://members.rogers.com/magno42/3out.jpg

then the "proportional steering" can be made to be a constant out.

Why didnt _I_ think of that...

that leaves the 2 "regular" 9V motor out's.  what can I say. they do
what you would expect them to do.

Except that the one for the drive wheels is also proportional - ie, if
you push the stick in the controller a little bit, they go slow, and you
you push it a lot, they go fast. I think there are three different
speeds possible. (stuff like this would be a major selling point on all
the radio shack rc cars. I'm surprised it wasnt even mentioned on the box)

Calum, we HAVE to have a "battle bots" game.    maybe not a Rx game but
some sort of LIVEx  game.

I would come. (you saw how much fun I had with your bot at the last
robotices competetion, right?)