 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6090
Re: 8475 -- a good buy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 28 Dec 2002 18:31:45 GMT

Except that the one for the drive wheels is also proportional - ie, if
you push the stick in the controller a little bit, they go slow, and you
you push it a lot, they go fast. I think there are three different
speeds possible.

As soon as i read this I had to try it.... I'm so excited... (sec.)

.

..

Your wrong.

:(

I added a motor, clicked it into my RPM-o-Meter and just nudged the
stick a tinsy-tiny little bit....

NOTHING!

then I smooched it just a c-hair more.............

FULL ON, 360 RPM (for a standard lego geared motor)

I pushed it all the way up....

360 RPM.

sorry Trevyn. maybe you have the "special" lego RC racer.  cause i sure
don't.

THE GOOD NEWS is that
if you attach a polarity switch like this:

http://members.rogers.com/magno42/3out.jpg

then the "proportional steering" can be made to be a constant out.

Why didnt _I_ think of that...

cause I'm smarter than the rest of you.....

;)

(notice the wink)

(i also tried the proportional speed idea with the Aux output and the
same result.)

Calum, you asked this:

There's a problem though.  The mappings are weird.  The second regular 9V
out is mapped to the bottom controller paddles IIRC.  The first regular out
is mapped to the... RH top stick?  And the steering output is LH top stick?

That's doesn't really lend to battlebots if you want AB skip steer.  This
setup lends more to a car with steerable front wheels.  What if you use the
steering output to flip power between A or B side wheels?

my suggestion is to either make a front steer robot, OR  use an adder
subtracter....  you could even do a battery box always ON for the
forward motion, and use the RH steer to add/subtrack to make the skid
steer system turn.   who need reverse.  that would free up 2 outs to
make a hammer and cross bow.

Chris