 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6094
6093  |  6095
Subject:
8475 -- motors and steering Oh My
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 28 Dec 2002 21:26:09 GMT

Were you using a geared 9v motor non loaded? If so, then it's not
surprising that you noticed no difference.

Yes I was testing on an unloaded 9V geared motor. Thats how my
RPM-o-Meter works best.

Try it with a load. I tried it with a weight at the end of an arm, and
at one point on the controller it just buzzed, and at the next it
rotated very slowly, and at the next it rotated faster.

Here is a pic of what I used:
http://members.rogers.com/4tee2/DCP_1063.jpg

Thats a lego weight at the end of that arm.

I just re-did this test and you are correct.  when you load a geared
motor (i put a 40t gear  on the motor and put friction on the teeth)
then you can perceive 3 states  of "something"

Darn it... why did I have to go and loan my multimeter to me dad.  I
want to put a DM meter on this and see what volts  I get.

Trevyn... do this and let me know.  I'm curious if its PWM or just a
lower voltage.

Chris