 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6105
Re: 8475 -- motors and steering Oh My
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 05:32:49 GMT

On Sun, 29 Dec 2002 18:32:24 GMT, Chris Magno <cmagno@rogers.com>
wrote:

It is indeed PWM. I got out my oscilliscope and checked it, and here are
the results I got:

At setting 1 (closest to off):
Th: 1ms
Tl: 2ms
Tt: 3ms
9Vpp

At setting 2:
Th: 2ms
Tl: 1ms
Tt: 3ms
9Vpp

And at full on, it's just 9v DC.

cool. Thanks Trevyn.

now if only I had an O-scope and knew what Th, T1, and Tt meant??

Th - Time signal is High
Tl - Time signal is Low
Tt - total time

------________
Th      Tl

Matthias Jetleb

P.S.: Th/Tt is defined as the duty cycle, expressed as a percent.
Therefor: Th=2ms, Tt=3ms = 66% duty cycle. This is generally more
meaningful since the average power delivered is the same as it would
be if Th=4ms and Tt=6ms. If Tt gets to be too high (ie. low frequency)
then the motor starts to hum loudly. If Tt gets to be too low, then
the inductive reactance of the motor windings increases, lowering the
overall efficiency.