 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5174
5173  |  5175
Subject:
rtlToronto, the Road Ahead to Winter 2002 and Spring 2003
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 18 Aug 2002 03:20:47 GMT

As noted in today's event, we've got a full schedule ahead for rtlToronto in
the coming year.  Here's up for discussion, debate etc.  Start following up
to this message.

Robotics:
---------
November 2002 or January 2003
rtlToronto12: "Vending Machines" + "Dave's Smackdown Sideshow"

   -Real coins or tokens
   -Voting for "Best Technical Achievement", "Most Creative" etc
   -Location: Mall, Library, Hospital, University
   -Limits, rules, peanuts

   -Dave: 8475 RC or RCX powered?

March 2003
rtlToronto13: "Trebuchets" or ProjectY

   -Goals (castle, milk crate, hula hoops etc), distance vs precision
   -Safety: Projectiles, crowd control, disclaimers
   -Location: Library (height and distance limits) or elsewhere (on campus?)
   -Limits: Size (12" or 18" cube, or no size limit?)
   -Link to SciFi or March Break library activities?
   -ProjectY is next-gen game.

July 2003
rtlToronto14: "Trebuchets" or ProjectY

   -Ideal for Trebuchets due to weather (summer)

Unknown
rtlToronto/live2

   -8475 RC Race Buggy powered Battlebots
   -8475 + Supercar powered racing (ie, 8880, 8448, 8466 divisions)
   -5599 RC Racer powered racing
   -Could be a "small" ie, non Library event.  (ie, at the Media Lab etc)

Train:
------
Fall 2002
rtlToronto/train4: Altenburg Layout

    -Highly coordinated layout run by JeffE with a dense European theme.

July 2003
NMRA 2003 National Convention
http://www.ml2003.com/pages/home.html

     -MichLTC wants to do a layout up there.
     -Participation with other Canadian LUGs with more train experience
      ie, ParLUGment, MonLUG, NALUG etc.

Jeff(VW,E) to head up? :)

Calum