 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 17687
Re: What would happen to your collection....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 2008 19:03:54 GMT

My friend is quite specific--she wants the collection to go to
people who will appreciate it... having passed that on to someone
else who appreciates it is important.

I agree, and it's one of the reasons I'd go for donating it in portions to
different groups. To my way of thinking right now having little pieces of my
collection used in MOCs literally all over the world, well... it's a little bit
like pieces of me living on.

OK, that sounded amazingly sappy. But I actually like the idea of "recycling" on
that scale. I'd much rather have my body feed a tree than sit embalmed in a wood
coffin sealed inside a concrete liner, in a vain attempt to segregate the last
bit of me from the environment I was constantly exchanging parts with when I was
alive. Likewise, "recycling" my collection into the hands of people who will
build yet new things with it... yeah, I like that idea.

'Course, in my case my kids will almost certainly end up with most of it.
Probably... actually hopefully... before I die :).

--
Brian Davis