 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 17669
Re: What would happen to your collection....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 1 Feb 2008 15:20:48 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, John Patterson wrote:

<snip>

Actually We did up a will where my wife and I leave everything to our grandchild
if we should go soon. My sister in law is our exectoress and I have left her
$10,000 plus 10% to sell it on ebay and the proceeds goes to the granddaughter.
If I am alive in 10 years I will sell it myself on ebay.  That would be the
easiest for everyone and then my Lego room becomes a media room.
I really think that it is wise to have it ennumeriated in a will.  I know of
many people who have died and their heirs go through everything they have taking
this and taking that.  If it is a substantial collection it should be willed to
someone or some enity.
John P

For myself, I'm probably going to go this particular route.  Get it in writing
and hopefully leave less aggravation for those I love.  When it comes to
expensive items that aren't covered in wills, I've heard lots of horror stories
over the years--families breaking up and such.  I highly doubt that this would
happen over my LEGO collection, but I'd rather have everythign squared away
beforehand.

I have nephews and nieces that are interested at the moment, but I plan on
living for another 40ish years--they may not be interested in the future.  But
that's were modifications to the will come in.  It'll evolve over time.

Dave K