 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 17663
Re: What would happen to your collection....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 2008 21:58:06 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, John Patterson wrote:
Not going to be morbid or anything, but here's the scenario--

You pass on.

What happens to your LEGO collection?

I asked my wife once (10 years younger than me) and she said garage sale.  I
have tried to convince her otherwise, hopefully.
John P

Every once in a while you hear someone talk about FOTM at a garage sale...  I
hope thats not your place down the road!

The wife and I are startign the talks regarding wills and such.  To save her the
headaches, I'll get something written up regarding the collection.

This experience has been a bit of a thought provoking adventure.

Dave K

Stacy and I have thought about this quite a bit as our collection continues to
grow and grow.  We don't plan to have any children so that's not really an
option.  In all likelihood, we will end up donating it somewhere.  Be it a
museum, school, LEGO Train Club, LEGO Users Group, etc.  Or perhaps one of our
siblings will have a child who is as crazy about LEGO as we are who we will give
it too.

The bottom line is that we want our collection to go to someone who will really,
really enjoy and treasure it.  Not some Ebay punk who is just out to make a
buck.

Share the LEGO love.  :-)

-Dave & Stacy